Sunday, April 21, 2013

Them's the breaks.....Part 2

Hello again,

After posting my blog on lucky breaks I started getting very nervous.What if it doesn't happen....what if the client changed his mind..I'm a firm believer that "one in the hand is worth two in the bush" and this one was very much still in the bush. A few unanswered voice messages & I started to feel very jittery....had he changed his mind...had a change of heart ...had he brought me to the top of the cliff to show me the view only to push me off....(that's happened to me before & it  wasn't pretty....) I need this bit of business.....I need the challenge....

I'll text him I thought....be assertive...assumptive....use the word "when we start" rather than "if you still want to to ahead"...... "when" is the language of winners...".if" is not ...The good news is that it looks like this is going ahead....we've had a meeting...he's been emailing me the stuff I asked from him....he's tackled a potential stumbling block head on.....

I've met my designer, Creative Goddess, Orla Brosnan & we're putting together  some concepts for the packaging....

The client is getting very excited....and therein  I've just learned something very important.....
at this stage, the client needs me as much as I need him...he's counting on me...as much as I am counting on him.... We are at the top of the cliff , looking at the view side by side....there has been a shift in the balance of power...

I might well just have the edge.....

Fingers crossed !



Shirley x

No comments:

Post a Comment