Sunday, April 7, 2013

A Labels Queen ? Moi ?..,

Hello again,

I've had some tips on blogging from some true pros (cheers Grace & Shane @THEATREclub), & they've suggested I shorten my musings ...I'll do my best...but no promises..

Today I'm going to tell you about me & my relationship with labelling...anybody who knows me well, will tell you that this girl spends too much time on labels...In as much as it is an irony of my life that I am a food producer, it is an even greater one that I have spent so much of my life in Reads of Nassau Street. I'm sure it is no coincidence that my favourite pub in Dublin is The Bailey on Duke Street, just a stroll away from Reads, where I have spent many hours waiting to pick up yet another batch of labels, meeting friends having just picked up labels....labels....labels.....labels..

Labelling is a legal requirement on all foodstuffs, not produced on the premises. Most labelling is applied by machine, but no so in The Delicious Food Company, here, unlike our food which is "made with love & packaged with humour", this does not extend to the physical act of printing or applying labels....no love...no humour...

Last December we took delivery of a new labelling printing machine & 20,000 beautifully designed labels...In the last three months I have printed every single one of of those labels, inserted the best by date, typed in a daily musing....printed them off in my office..& rolled them up ready for application to our produce in the kitchen...hours & hours of labelling...

If there was a pie chart of my life there would definitely be a portion allocated to time I spend labelling... printing labels, sticking on labels, collecting labels from printers, but things are about to change...I'm moving office & leaving my labelling days behind.The labelling machine is not coming with me...we're over.

I've just taken delivery of another 20,000 labels but they are in the kitchen where the machine is headed. This morning I printed over 600 labels, hopefully it is the last Sunday morning I'll have to do that...

Now...what will I do to find the void.....

Shirley x

PS: The Delicious Food Co,salads & sandwiches are stocked in
All Fresh Supermarkets, Mortons Hatch St, Lighthouse Cinema, Spar Merrion Row/Mount St/Dame St/Barrow St/Tara St/Kilmainham/Cracked Nut/Georges St/Green Door Bakery/ Citibank/Ubode/ESBI


No comments:

Post a Comment