Monday, April 15, 2013

Moving Out....

Evening all,

I'm moving out.....actually it's probably more correct to say I'm moving in....

Since September 2008 I've been renting an office, just around the corner from the kitchen...my own private little oasis of heaven..... somewhere that is just mine.....somewhere to escape to.... my bolt hole..my potting shed.....

It's also where I have done a phenomenal amount work, accounts, sales, quality audits and of course 100,000's of labels. It's where I have received great news & bad news, in relation to business accounts won & lost...Where I have order docket books with over 12,000 invoices all recorded in neat monthly sales reports by me...

 It's also where I keep my personal diary of the highs & lows of my life as a person rather than as a food producer... the contents of which would make quite a movie.....

But things are changing, my lovely landlady is planning change & needs my  office & I have no option but to surrender my bolt hole and rather than look for another office, I've decided to move back home.....Strangely I am really excited about this.....I've just realised how much I've missed being at home....I'm often in my little van from 6.30am gone before anybody gets up, home after Mr Delicious has cooked dinner.

 I miss home....

My office will be in the tiny utility room, which will be made over like a centre spread in Elle Deco.
It will  be the control centre of The Delicious Food Co's planned expansion.....in between closing deals, I'll go jogging down the canal, I'll go for coffee with my neighbourhood friends...  I'll take the dog for walks.....I'll snack on raw carrots & eat nuts...I'll probably take up yoga...the frantic pace that I lived my life for the past number of years will stop

I will never again wonder at 5.30am, what the hell am I going to wear today..

I'll be one of those super organised business women I've read about in magazines....I'll be a new me, a different me, a more relaxed me...

The problem is.....where the hell will I hide my diary....

Shirley x

2 comments:

  1. Can i have some of whatever you're on Shirley. Your fantasies are so much better than mine :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Anne, This ain't no fantasy you are reading ...it's the story of my life as it unfolds..day by day by day ....!

    ReplyDelete