Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Seize the Day or Lose it ..(.honour that you have the choice.)

Evening All,

It's been almost a week since the new creative work was presented, since then I've been to the funeral in Donegal of a man who died too young, too soon, too unbelievably fast. A man with a smile who lit up the world & whose impact in life was like a comet of brightness on everybody he touched.

It was hard not to come back from Donegal angry with the unfairness of life, juxta positioned with the need to grasp it, squeeze every precious moment of out of it...to honour a life that was too damn short .

But try as I might I felt shaken & scared, how could have I posted such positive stuff when life is so fragile....it's like being in a fog. 


Today I got a call asking me to produce 100kg of salads per day for a major blue chip business, Wow,  I need to see how I can possibly work that into our daily work schedule. Later  I had a meeting with a potential new client who has been trying without success to get a range of seriously healthy  fresh food for his international clientele. He felt he'd met a blank wall, after exhausting his bank of mass producing suppliers, until a former client told him  she knew exactly who he should call...well that would be me/The Delicious Food Co..samples going in on Thursday.

After that I had a meeting with my daydreambeliever ; things are moving on there too, we have  a plan...we have a target to launch at Bite, an Artisan trade show in RDS in Nov, that means we need to settle on a creative direction, get it printed , all product finalised & put together for what will be a template of what could well be the first Delicious Food Co outlet,...it's a mammoth task.

But  let's face it if I can do that in four weeks...whats a 100kg extra of salad per day.
If I've learnt one thing in the last week it's that tomorrow is promised to no one
I'm going for it !


Shirley
x





No comments:

Post a Comment