Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Brand New ...in every conceivable way

Evening all,

Next up, after my  daydream believer stood me up I had a meeting at 3pm with the design company to see initial concepts for our new packaging.
As we all sat in the board room I felt very nervous. To see my beloved Delicious Food Co presented through somebody else eyes, well that's a toughie. Mr Delicious wasn't there...food to prepare for tomorrow etc.

The first concept involved tweaking our logo. I have to say I was kinda shocked, I love our logo...I felt as though somebody had taken one of my kids on a day trip & returned with all their blonde curls cut off I was looking at the same child....but now...different.

The second concept pushed that boundary further…not only were the curls gone....but the hair had been dyed too…same child, but more different....

I wanted to cry.

Finally the third concept; basically my child was gone & a new child was presented as a better one, Not only that, but part of the concept involved photos myself & Mr Delicious...NEVER!

Any kind of creative process is a "journey". A journey that starts somewhere, maybe somewhere that the client doesn't like or is defensive about. Changing a logo is particularly hard/ sensitive to accept for a business owner because that logo is our public identity, part of who we are, the public face of our hard work.

As I walked home, two of the concepts stayed with me; enveloped me; challenged me the way the creative team wanted. Great creative work does that, so maybe, part of the change I need to make is not just my wardrobe, my PR, maybe I need a brand new approach in every sense of the word, it's certainly food for thought.

Btw
On the way home my daydreambeliever called....so sorry about today's mix up, meeting rescheduled for Tuesday....

sorry, sorry, sorry




Shirley
x

No comments:

Post a Comment