Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Men in white coats..they're coming to take me away....

Evening all,

Yesterday as I filled the shelves in one of my shops the owner pulled me up for not wearing a white delivery coat....so 18 months after I first started  delivering to shops, this morning I rolled up in my white van decked out in an over sized mans white delivery jacket....box ticked... client happy...

......but I feel demoted..


I've been put in my box..the client sees me as a mere delivery guy, not the owner or the boss...(I did text to ask if he had any special requirements as to what I should wear underneath, but it would seem I can wear what I like under my white delivery coat)....no further special requests from this customer on this occasion....

I've learnt my lesson, I need a driver who isn't me to deliver my products whilst I get on with growing the business & looking like the boss.....I can't do both...there just aren't enough hours in the day...So, no more van deliveries for me, no more white coats...this little food producer is going to up her game, slip into some designer jackets & jeans, nip around the city, winning accounts, making sure customers are happy....doing what ever it takes.....

Anything that is, except wear a white delivery coat !

Bon soir.

Shirley x








No comments:

Post a Comment