Wednesday, September 4, 2013

First the good news...then the bad news

Evening all,

Today I got a call from my Google client...did you hear that...yes Google....Google is quickly moving up the leader board to become my biggest client. Soon Mr Big might not be so big...but Mr Big calls the shots & with corporate clients you are just never sure, decisions can be made way above my direct contact, that can mean that suddenly one can find themselves surplus to requirements....so like the alcoholic, we take the business one day at a time...

I told you business has been really good of late & with the audit out of the way, my focus is on getting more sales in. But already we are totally stretched, we need two more tables in the kitchen & one or two more people to get our product out. Today we had to prepare 10 individual salads for a meeting tomorrow for a client who will be taking 80 kilos of salads each week, as well as the individual salad bowls....

Today as I tottered around Tesco buying fruit for the rider,( which we are sponsoring) for BRIEFS , a camp cirque du soleil show which is running as part of Dublin Fringe Festival, my phone rings...Mr VIP client is on the line...

"hey Shirley...you know the salad pots I'm getting from you every day....how would you be fixed if we tripled our order....from Monday"..."that wouldn't be a problem" I say confidently...yet totting up the additional hours of labour in my head

....I call Mr Delicious, to break the news..."I've got some good news & I've got some bad news"...He groans..."gimme the bad first...." "Mr VIP wants an extra 60 salads per day starting Monday" oh dear he moans..".and the good news is ?" ....."Mr VIP wants an additional 60 salads per day from Monday....".

Them's  growing pains for you...



Shirley x




No comments:

Post a Comment