Tuesday, September 24, 2013

The Power of Association...

Evening All,

Last week the manager in one of my stores approached me and told me I had left my delivery docket book
on top of the fridge in her store the previous day.. Damn, I thought as she handed it back to me...the daily delivery/invoice book will give somebody a really good snapshot of my business....who my clients are, how much they are ordering from me & for how much....it's like your neighbour opening your bank statement in error & handing it back...you just know they've probably had a peek

As the manager handed me back the book, I felt she was looking at me strangely, she then told me to go ahead with a price increase I'd been looking for, it was fine, no problem... in fact the product was most likely under priced anyway..great little products selling well....delighted to stock us & support us ...

I got back into the van, still somewhat unnerved by the new interest....and then the penny dropped...a quick look at the missing sales book revealed quite a story....there were a number of not only impressive sales, but some impressive clients...we had delivered to over 30 clients in 2 days....the manager who saw me daily but seldom acknowledged me, has suddenly seen me in a new light....

This little food producer has gained a new respect simply by the company she keeps, or should I say.. the companies that keep her...

oooh...I think....I'll leaving my docket book on top of a few more fridges...

Work it Shirley, work it......

x

No comments:

Post a Comment