Monday, July 8, 2013

Wardrobe Dilemma's in The Food Lane

Evening All,

What will I wear...

I swear to God when I was moving out of my office, I thought the big dilemma of wondering what to wear everyday would be over......Now,I have no doubt that anybody who sees me every morning as I wind my way around the city on my deliveries...would think...what the hell is she on about.....
yes I have a uniform of sorts...Converses, jeans, T shirts...I got some logo T's & aprons printed a while back, but to be honest after three washes the T's looked like rags...the long printed aprons, still look great....but there ain't no way I'm adding an apron into my daily wardrobe....I'm the boss for Gods sake.

The problem for me is that I have so many persona's during the day.

Take tomorrow for example...up early, deliveries...to shops...must try & look casual with a slight edge, something that reflects The Delicious Food Co, At noon I'm dishing up a lunch for 30 people at a stiff corporate do that will require a whole different look.... a look that will make me look like someone else...My waiting staff will wear black waistcoats & shirts...but hey I need the clients to know that I'm in charge...that I'm the boss as they tell me how wonderful the food is...I want them to know I made it...

Today in BT2 I bought a gorgeous black taffeta pinafore, that I convinced myself would be ideal for tomorrows lunch, it would look fab with a pair of wedges, but I can't wear fashion wedges to a lunch I'm catering for, just as I can't roll up in my delivery van & start delivering in a taffeta pinafore.....Mr Mmmmm would wonder what's going on....ya see where I'm going with this......In the afternoon there is big a meeting with a potentially lucrative client....and the taffeta pinafore is too much, jeans are a bit too casual...Suddenly a burca seems like a jolly good idea...

I once pulled up at my house to make the quick 5 minute change from jeans to a black waitress's uniform before legging it to a lunch I was catering for...., only to discover I had no key...I spent the next few minutes frantically knocking on doors of my female neighbours, to see if anybody could lend me something to wear, when I eventually found Susie at home (she's about two sizes smaller than me), we settled on a smock dress...a pair of tights that I swear only went up to my knees and her size 4 ballet pumps for my size 6 feet......

I think I still have the blisters...

You see, there is a reason why this blog is called Life in The Food Lane....the drama of it all ....

Shirley

x







No comments:

Post a Comment