Sunday, July 14, 2013

Adele.....Someone like You......Someone like Me


Evening All,

Friday was a great news day for us @ The Delicious Food Co.

....Of late, I've been doing a bit of "courting".. of an Ex lover of sorts..A client who jilted me in favour of another.....breaking my Delicious heart into a 1,000 pieces a few years ago.....

It was a big serious affair..my biggest ever and suddenly we were over...no real reason...just somebody else had come along. .....& took my place.....it really, really hurt as I looked at the 1,000's of salad pots that were never going to be filled... the 1,000's of labels never to be applied to the packaging for this Godlike client...the gaping hole in the work load...

I resorted to playing Adele over & over in my van, wallowing in the rejection.... devouring her words of loss......wondering where I had gone wrong. My ex had moved on with a new food partner .....who I guess gave them things I couldn't give to them...(although...they could have asked....right ?)

                                                      "I heard that you're settled down

That you found a girl and you're married now I heard that your dreams came true
Guess she gave you things I didn't give to you"

I often pondered Adele's words about turning up uninvited...I couldn't  stay way...I couldn't   fight it ...you see cos for ME...it wasn't over...


The dilemma...should I just keep chasing pavements...maybe it will lead no where....Mr Delicious thinks when it's over it's over....let it be .....move on...he also think I've got balls of steel...

So guess what...I made the call & I was greeted with tones of joy...it seems that when it comes to relationships, I'm luckier than Adele...

....my ex wants me back....we had a meeting............this time we'll take it slowly...there will be a pre nupt which the client calls "the commercials" to be signed....
I'll be more careful with my heart & my business....with the Mr Big story up & running...The Delicious Food Co is ready for it's next big challenge

And this is it....from this week me & my ex will be rolling in the deep....making sweet salads together.......

Yum!

Shirley  x









No comments:

Post a Comment