Thursday, July 25, 2013

And the award for the best ....

Evening all,

Tonight on Twitter I came across an account called @BlogAwardsIreland, apparently just like the Oscars, The Brits, The Golden Globes, there are Awards (with some serious sponsors), for the top blogs in Ireland.There are 31 categories in total.....excited (yes we've covered off my vanity a few blogs ago..), I logged in to the website to find out more.. could I be nominated.....

With great joy I discovered that there is indeed a Category for Food & Drink, yet the crushing reality is that I don't fit the brief...To qualify for the Food & Drink blog category my love & passion needs to be laid bare for all to see in a series of beautiful pictures, fantastic recipes...you would need to drool at my descriptions of lemon drizzle cakes...slow roasted whatever's in season, I'd need to be a contender for Master Chef...but honestly.... I don't think they'd even let me on "Come Dine with Me...".

I guess I'm an old fashioned foodie...I love simple food, well cooked, with great ingredients......my death row meal would be two soft poached eggs on brown bread, with black pepper & salt....oh yes,yes, yes

Could I fake it I wonder, I have a good eye for pictures, my house & kitchen are bursting with recipe books.."200 One Pot Dinners volumes 1 - 60" "Cooking for 2/3/20/" "The Moosewood Collective" "The Clatter of Forks & Spoons.....".we have them all. Every year there is a new Christmas Cookbook... really by now you'd think Mr Delicious would know how to stuff a turkey, but oh no, it seems ways to stuff a turkey are updated quicker a Twitter feed.

Gutted I know that, unlike Meg Ryan I couldn't fake the erotic passion that a true modern day foodie has with food.

But all is not lost...I've found a category ..it's the best SME blog...because that is really what my blog is about ..it's about my life as a small food producer..., it's about my brand, it's about believing in myself, it's about keeping going when the going gets tough, celebrating the highs, telling you all about it..sharing..

Wish me luck !

Shirley x



No comments:

Post a Comment