Thursday, June 20, 2013

Shelf Wars....

Evening all,

Monday morning our van broke down and has been tucked up in a garage for the past two days, whilst they figure out what's wrong...

The net effect of this is that I have been late delivering to all my shops....and by the time I get there, my shelf space has been filled by competitors....

I swear to God they'd rob my grave if they could...

Whilst it's a war zone out  there in the fight for chilled fridge space, there is a certain etiquette that  must be respected...if you are the first in store...you are entitled to stock 'em high & let the merchandising staff worry about how to make it look nice...but you must leave space for your fridge partners.

Yesterday, in one store the Sushi guys had taken over the asylum....today was even worse....They had removed my products completely & stuck them on the bottom shelf....I was so annoyed...

Then I went into Fresh in Camden St...where the manager pulled me to one side....it seems Mr Delicious has been playing the same game....with the competitors sandwiches....he's been putting their sandwiches BEHIND ours....

I have to say, it's out of character...he's normally a nice,  respectful guy....but he did have the decency to blush when I pulled him up on it....his card has been marked by both me & the manager

it's not how we do business in The Delicious Food Co.....

......not at least whilst anybody is looking...


Shirley

No comments:

Post a Comment