Thursday, May 30, 2013

Choices, choices, choices

Evening all,

Yes it's blogging time...let me see what I have to tell you..

 Actually have loads of news. But the thing is when you are blogging about your  business, you can't just tell all...you have to.try to balance the bad stuff whilst keeping it real and if I do nothing else in this blog I want to keep it real...

The Mr Big story has been a distraction...( and we are still free falling...if his parachute doesn't open, it wasn't me ...I swear...not this time anyway.......), but the other side of things has been tough..We have been so busy, but the cash flow has simply not matched the effort. It's hard to stay positive when you are working 60 hour weeks...yet a haircut & colour with Olive in Style Club  just isn't in the budget.

This week I am finally moving out of my office. On Tuesday I threw caution to the wind & went to see my 12 year old Rosie,jump hurdles in the national schools athletics finals in Santry.....to hell with work. She is the youngest of four & I've never been to Santry School Finals..I've even coached under tens athletics for two years, but never saw my teams run...one work commitment after another.

On Wednesday I threw caution to the wind again & went to see a motivational speaker, Declan Coyle at 7.30am...he may well have changed my working  life. He was inspirational. His message was simple..you have a choice..there are two platforms in life...a red one & green one  The red is negative & the green is positive....we decide ourselves which one we are going to be on. My natural place is on the green one, but I sometimes slip on to the red one...& that's a hard one to move off. He went around the room asking everybody about the challenges they face in their business/life. When it came to me I said fear was my biggest challenge...making that leap from where I am to where I need to be...the fear of not getting paid in time to pay my suppliers, of over extending myself & my business...more sleepless nights of worry....

Believe.... he said & it will happen. I know he's right. I have three kids in private school & I never doubt that I will cover the fees....but a haircut & colour with Olive for me...well that is always always challenge....Without making a choice I've made a choice.....I'm no longer on the red platform...I'm on the green....it's so much easier to leap from one place to another when you know where you are leaping to...


And so,  before I sign off ...I want you to know, that, tomorrow at 11am, I'll be sitting in Style Club, tin foil in my  hair, whilst Olive updates me on the latest shenanigans in her truly eventful life whilst applying my American tailoring signature look...

Shirley
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment