Thursday, May 23, 2013

Reality....it's a tough old game

Evening all,

It's a tough game this food production gig....sometimes I love it & sometimes I just think..what on earth am I doing. There must be 100s of easier  ways to work a sixty hour week. A few blogs ago  I wrote about moving out of my office & setting up at home...eating raw carrots ....jogging down the canal...living life at a slower pace. It's a month later & whilst I have dumped  everything that's not coming with me, the new office is not coming together as I hoped.

The utility room which I planned to resemble a double page spread in Elle Deco...which would be entitled

 "How she does it in the Utility Room
one super woman's approach to maximising space... ".  
   
  is not looking good.....


Yes everything has been binned in the office, but the utility room is still full of washing, camping gear...wellies...and the kind of stuff I will never ever use again but which I will never throw out. I feel like I'm in free fall & I'm not talking about the one with Mr Big. I'm free falling between my current office & my utility room, I'm free falling between getting more sales in & working more hours, my head is like a full sponge...it can't fit in another thought....and there is so much time to think as I lie awake all from 2.30am  til just before the alarm goes off at 5.30am....


Last week we were so tired we almost messed up big time... A lunch for 100 to be served at noon in an office building with no kitchen. (same day as Mr Bigs first order....) .the previous evening at about 7pm I called Mr Delicious from my office offering to help him out (I had been in work since 6am he had been in since five)..."no", he insisted "you go home to the kids...the Beef Bourguignon will take another few hours"....."Beef Bourguignon"....I replied in horror..."it's Beef Stroganoff .... wait I'll call the client see if she'll run with that".....no way it had to be Stroganoff.....
So... we went with the only option open to us in a crisis &  carefully drained the kilos of beef of it's red wine broth , cut the individual pieces of beef into strips, added required amount of sour cream....simmered.

Oh yes...the Broganoff was to die for...

1 comment:

  1. "stuff I will never ever use again but which I will never throw out" . . . Reminds me of someone

    ReplyDelete