Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Marching into March...Intact & on Fire.

Evening All,

Phew !

If my last blog at the end of January started with "WOW", then the end of February comes with a definite" phew". For those of us SME owners who get paid after 30/ 60 days from the end of the month
February is a nightmare.This  is the month we get paid for December sales, and  December 2014 was a very short month. I have been dreading February since last November.
 There hasn't been a night that I haven't woken up every hour & done a tot of the balance sheet...what's coming in..what's going out.

 I am wrecked !

But February has also been a terrific month.
 Sales have been up on January by over 20%, the accolades about our food continue to roll in. Office catering has taken off with a bang with a significant increase in sales in that sector too, The great thing about office catering is that every time I see an email with a catering order I can quickly rejig the midnight balance sheet in a positive direction, in the knowledge that the order will be paid for within a week or two.

In February we also had an approach to poach myself & Mr Delicious from a CEO of another food business. He has been watching what we do & think it would be great for his business. With the financial resources & knowledge of his business he sees a great future for all of us, but under his brand..not ours, The Delicious Food Co.

We are tremendously flattered by the approach, we have huge respect for his business, his team & what they have achieved, but we are not ready to let go. To be honest, I don't think either of us could ever work for somebody again.

Today my son who is doing TY work experience with us, asked me if he won the lottery which would we prefer...for him to invest a lot of money in the business to take it to the next level or for him to just look after us financially. Without a moments hesitation I  said for him to look after us financially.

I may not want to be employed again...but the prospect of somebody else footing the bill for another lifestyle....well that's just something for which myself & Mr Delicious might just be ready

In the meantime .March 2015..here we come !

Shirley
x

No comments:

Post a Comment