Thursday, August 8, 2013

Opus Dei..the secret lives of bloggers

Evening all,

Just home & what a fun night it was...I told you before I love blogging, such a totally wonderful narcissist endeavour...it's all about me ...kinda. But seriously if you think about it ...it's not really...it's about my life as a food producer at The Delicious Food Co, as if I am some sort of third person singular ...(remember your English grammar ).

Tonight I went to the launch of the blog awards in the pop up Glenisk shop on Dawson St. I went on my own as I left it too late to pick up a date.Three floors of like minded narcissists, all of us with our own personal accounts of what floats our boats, putting it out there for all the world to see...

As I walked through the doors alone, I felt as though I was entering some kind of fetish club on Abbey St, I've posted the blogs on line & now I want to take it further.....take it into the real world...what is out there when I open my mind....explain my thoughts to others bloggers.It seems many people know each from "the scene"...it's a mad & wonderful world...

Tonight  I met Steven who's been blogging for years,as Digital Times.ie (a tech blog), then there was Connor from a Social Media.ie who will write your blog for you, there was the teacher who writes "What's in my Brain" but doesn't know how to use Twitter & then there were my favs Ciana & Aoife March the most non identical twins I've ever met. Ciana blog is The Concrete Collar, a fashion & architecture blog, Aoife seems mad as the proverbial March hare...., I'm sure there is a blogger in her...

So tonight I learnt.that ...."I blog....therefore I am"...."we are all consenting adults"..the choice to indulge or not to indulge is a personal choice" bloggers like clients come in all shapes & sizes".............and if it ever becomes too much there's always ...Bloggers Anonymous

"Hi my name is Shirley & I'm a serial blogger"

Bon soir.

Shirley x

No comments:

Post a Comment