Sunday, August 25, 2013

Banking on success.....

Evening all,

Last time I wrote about the stresses of having a small business...the sleepless nights...the worry about cash flow. I told you then that the monthly invoice for one of my biggest clients, which is usually paid within days of receipt by the totally reliable D. was met with an "out of office until 26th August" reply was to be paid by the finance director......twice he told me last week it was being "paid today"...yet by Friday the money still hadn't reached our account...disaster....

I called Mr Big to see if he could make an early payment, but he wasn't in Dublin to sign a cheque but told me he'd sort it on Monday...and I have to say the man never ceases to surprise me...I know by tomorrow I'll have a cheque....that plus D being back from holidays, with another 10 days catering to be paid for, should mean that this week I may have a full nights sleep....( not to mention a fetching little number from the BT2 Autumn/Winter collection that I have my eye on...)

Last week a pitch I have been working on for a university campus paid off, and we are in there as the new salad supplier..this is our third big serious account win since May.....The Delicious Food Co is now in a different zone....

Buoyed on with this news I tentatively  rang the bank to see about extending our overdraft to facilitate the cash flow problems when they arise...somebody from the credit Dept would call m within a few days...they're very busy..blah, blah, blah...

Guess what..within an hour Trish called, she listened...she told me she could see the problems...there is a good flow of cash through the account...we've been in credit a few times during the year...(we were eh?)
she's popping the forms in the post...just fill 'em out & get them back to them....

Suddenly the questions about" how many dependents do you have?" on the application forms, no longer seems personal...this time I will fill out the forms with confidence.....I have a major quality audit this week..and although my horoscope in Sunday Times Style told me I am in for a a major shock this week...I am calm....it will take more than a dodgy horoscope to dampen my spirits at the moment...

So wish us luck ...and bring it on !

Shirley x



\

No comments:

Post a Comment