Saturday, June 25, 2016

Ciao Bella.....Italy here we come

Evening All,

Last year we didn't get a holiday. The kids got away to various far flung locations but Mr Delicious & myself didn't manage it. All that work  without the reward of a week in the sun can pull you down, especially as week after week you wave friends adieu as they depart on theirs, looking bronzed, relaxed & ready for another year when they return.

In April I had lunch with my brother and he told me he had booked his summer holiday, two weeks in a camping site in Italy, flights to Bologna train to campsite....happy days.
When I got home I checked out the cost of flights,they  reasonable enough I thought. That's my form Think : Action: Stop:...the follow through is the bit where I fall down. However the next day I checked the flights again & already they had gone up by a whopping 300euro for five of us, so without further adieu I whipped out the credit card & booked leaving 25th June

Campsite booked, holiday sorted !

Last week I got an email from the campsite welcoming us, looking forward to seeing us etc. The next day I got an email confirming cancellation of the booking...don't ask. We did manage to get another booking in another campsite as it seems we had reserved about 6 via booking.com/ direct/trivago etc...

On Wednesday I was checking out car hire from airport, but it closes at 12 midnight & our flights arrives at 11.30, trains stop at 10pm.  A taxi would cost 250 (& you really would have to tip the driver having spent so much time together), so we've booked a hotel in Bologna, train to Pescheira is booked for Sunday, after the match.

So with the lads in the kitchen briefed to within an inch of their lives....we are heading off in a few hours to the airport, for our first holiday in a few years.

Now I just need to book  my travel insurance


Ciao !

Shirley


No comments:

Post a Comment