Monday, May 19, 2014

Back in the saddle ...Go, go, go....

Evening All,

How are you ?

I'm sorry I haven't been around for a bit. I'm not really sure why I stopped blogging, but for some reason I just couldn't seem to find my voice &  there's no point in blogging without that voice. It's been a strange few months, so much has happened I should have been bursting to tell you, but instead I retreated into my shell & laid low.

Last time I blogged there was potentially something big on the horizon, a Delicious Food Co cafe, but it didn't happen & to be honest there was a part of me that breathed a sign of relief. It would have been fab, but it would also have been a distraction from what needs to be done....& what needs to happen is that I need loads more clients. Every year there has always been a few big clients to keep us busy to capacity. Any more work & Mr Delicious would kill himself with exhaustion, so we carry on busy, busy but not really growing...

But that's not the truth.

We are growing ..by over 20%  year on year, last year...and that was phenomenal...but oh no ..not good enough for me.."ah sure client X spent Y & if we didn't have that ...blah, blah, blah.."

So with the distraction of the cafe out of the way...I'm back in the game, doing what I do best.
I'm selling.
 We have taken on a new chef so we now have more of paid hours than we have work, so Mr Delicious can get back home in time to get dinner on the table.  I'm selling by walking the streets, knocking on doors, introducing myself showing customers what we do...and guess what...I'm having a blast....

Popping into big corporate buildings ...charming my way past security.
."Do you have an appointment, Miss..?."
"Do I need one  Sirrrr ?"

I'm still waking up during the night, to tot up the figures, but lately I've put my head back in  the pillow & told myself  "NO, no sums tonight "  and have managed to fall back into deep slumber.

For various reasons..I lost my momentum  last year (whilst increasing sales by 20%), but strangely I've never felt more motivated or back in the game than I do now. Just like Nicholas Roche, I may have lost a bit of time by falling off my bike, but I'm back in the saddle peddling hard....I won't be wearing the pink jersey this time...but the yellow is there for the taking...and that's where my sights are set....

Ride on !

Shirley
x



No comments:

Post a Comment